The Free 52 Personal Project - March

The Free 52 Project is a personal project where each month we share our freelensed work. Freelensing is a technique that manipulates the focal plane by photographing with the lens detached from the camera body and subtly adjusting/tilting the lens while detached. To follow along, please click the link at the end of this post for the next artist. This month, the next artist is April Christopher.

This month I am sharing images from our spring break trip to Florida. This trip I almost exclusively freelensed, and what a challenge! I packed only my sony a7R II and my canon 50mm 1.4. While I often wanted a wider angle, this is by far my lightest combo to carry around!

First up, a trip through The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Universal Studios. In Diagon Alley, we got all the essentials - robes, wands, and pygme puffs. We jumped on the Hogwarts Express, more than once, and practiced our wand skills everywhere. I love the dream like effect of freelensing ... I imagine my girls looking back thinking, 'where we really there or was it all just a wonderful dream'.










































And a few from Cabana Bay Resort where we stayed










Off to Tampa and a day at Busch Gardens









Clearwater beach. If only we could have stayed for two weeks!













Thanks for stopping by! Please continue along with April Christopher Photo + Art!







Comments

  1. WOW, I want to go on your spring break!! Freelensing at the World of Harry Potter was just MAGIC! Really, probably the best way to document it! So magical!

    ReplyDelete
  2. absolutely stunning! Harry Potter "dream land" is amazing! And your action shots of the girls tumbling/running on the beach. They are going to cherish these images for the rest of their lives. <3

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts